OPesa's Move to Slash Late Fees on Delayed Loans Lauded by the App Users as Positive, Timely

The recent move by mobile loan App, OPesa, to slash the 2% late fees charged on delayed repayment of loans has been hailed by the App users as positive and timely amidst the economic hardships engulfing the country currently. 

The move announced earlier this week,  will now have OPesa borrowers who repay their loans after the elapse of the due date charged just 0.009% in late fees beginning from May.

"I have never been a victim of late repayment because timely repayment of my loans has built my OPesa loan limit to a level I had not anticipated when I began borrowing from the app last year. However, I see this move by OPesa as a positive step considering that under the current economic situation some borrowers may not be able to repay their loans in time," OPesa user David Wambua writes in a popular digital loans Facebook group.

OPesa M-Pesa Paybill Number: 606280

Esther Wanjiru echoes Wambua's sentiments in the same group saying that OPesa just got better and "the timely gesture is an affirmation that OPesa cares about its customers."

"My bae is a regular OPesa user but I am sure he has not heard these news because he would have already told me about it. OPesa has been of much help to us especially when we want to restock our shop and there is not enough money to do it," another OPesa beneficiary Judith Atieno comments.