Raila's Cousin: I was Arrested Wearing Boxer, Got Assaulted

Photo:Kondele Police Station (Source/Nation)

Former Gem legislature Jakoyo Midiwo, the cousin to ODM party leader Raila Odinga, divulged how he experienced ultimate police brutality.

In a sit-down with NTV morning show AM Live, the former lawmaker disclosed that the officers appeared in his compound in the wee hours of the morning before they glowered and harassed his watchman. The police officers would afterward reach the well-mannered politician.

The former Gem MP was clarifying why he abruptly disappeared for nearly 3 weeks.

Related:




"I was woken up by my watchman at 2:13 a.m. He was kicking on doors telling me ‘police are killing us. I came out in my boxers and I saw a probox and five police officers. They were beating up my driver as if they wanted to kill him. A friend of mine called Omondi who stays with me came out and one of the officers started chasing him,” he divulged.

In the midst of the warring event, a female officer approached Midiwo informing him that the male officers were drunk. Seconds later, the officers grabbed his neck in what looked like an upsetting sight.

"They drove me to the police station as they kept slapping me. They locked me up in the cell for three hours. I was released after senior police officers intervened," he narrated.

Leaning the article to the authoritative admission of Kisumu County Police Commander Ranson Lolmodooni, the four police officers linked to the display of brutality were later arrested.