ODM is a shell that Raila cannot even use to run for presidency, Ababu

Photo/Budalangi MP Ababu Namwamba. He has termed his former party, ODM, as a shell of its past (the-star.co.ke).
ODM is a shell of what it used to be in 2007 and that is why Raila Odinga cannot use it to runa for presidency, Budalangi MP Ababu Namwamba has said.

Namwamba says that Raila no longer believes he can win on a ODM ticket and that is why he has "to fish around looking for Cord, NASA and other outfits that can assure him of a win."

"All the key founders of ODM like William Ruto, Najib Balala, Joseph Nyaga, Musalia Mudavadi, Henry Kosgey and others have taken flight. ODM is a shadow of its past. It is a shell of what it was in 2007," Namwamba said on KTN on Tuesday.

He added that he had no regrets for ditching ODM to Labour Party where he is now the party leader saying that a point had reached and everything was clear that he was no longer needed in ODM.

"Let me put it clear, though I was not invited in ODM because I am also a founder of the party, a time came and I had to hang my boots. For instance, everything about the Public Accounts Committee was a plan orchestrated at Orange house to drag my name on the mud with a wider plan to oust me from my position of secretary general in ODM," added Ababu.

He also reiterated his support for President Uhuru Kenyatta saying that he had done a lot for the country and more so the people of Budalangi by building them a bridge across River Nzoia where many people had lost lives.

"If this is not development, then I don't know what you call development," he said.